Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Ranting about Christianity

This is just something I have to get of the way- so please don't assume from this post that I live my life solely to mercilessly criticize Christianity...

There is an all powerful, all knowing, all seeing God out there that has always existed, and he loves everything he has created with a love so deep, strong, and unconditional, that we could never hope to understand it. And yet, if because of my honest nature (that he created me with) I will go to hell, because I believe This God to be a lie. I cannot lie to myself, and thus cannot believe in the God of the Bible...and yet the God that has all the above qualities- feels compelled to send me to hell. Even if I ignore the inconsistencies (i.e. The Bible clearly states that he is not willing that any should perish....and if that is the case, an all powerful, all knowing God should no problem preventing it- Heck, since he knew (if applicable) we were going to hell before we were born, he shouldn't have created us in the first place.)- even if I ignore all that, I could not believe an all powerful, all knowing God who's compelled to send us to hell (if applicable) could do such a thing unless he really hated us (considering what type of place hell is commonly depicted to be [although that is debatable])- A God who sends us to such a place for any reason- and yet have love for us beyond understanding would be logically unthinkable.

That is why I refuse to accept the Bible as truth...to do so would give God an infinitely revolting image...and it would also redefine love in a truly depressing way. If the God of the Bible really exists, I'd say I might be better off in Hell, since the feature attraction there is complete eternal separation from God...that might be far more appealing, considering the only other option is eternal servitude of such a dreadfully hateful God.

Although it's true that I renounced Christianity due to the myriad of inconsistencies in the Bible, the above are my primary reasons.

No comments: