Sunday, October 21, 2007

About Me

most of this needs to be changed, so although you might use the below as guidelines, it might be safer to wait until I figure things out...

IM: jb.candid (msn, yahoo, gtalk) jbcandid1 (aol) jbcandid (myspaceIM)

19/m | straight | SINGLE | San Jose, California, United States
candid, nonreligious, and trusting


My self-summary:
Who am I? I am...

a nerd, geek, anime/manga fan, computer guru, linux advocate, poweruser, conversationalist, intellectual, avid debater, have high moral standards despite being nonreligious. I am an extrovert, a critic, and a skeptic (note: trusting and believing are 2 different things). I am impatient, spontaneous (not sexually), and indecisive. (lol I know- impatient, spontaneous, and indecisive- total worst combination ever!)

While there are some people who are unsure if they want to have kids, I know I want to have kids (in 10 years though, lol) so if you're set against it, I guess it wouldn't work even if we were a perfect match.

Basically, I couldn't care less about anything to do with news. In other words, I don't care about: celebrities, religion, politics, global warming, world hunger, earthquakes, tragic explosions, or human rights. I just don't care, because it's not that important. note the exception to this is news regarding technology, i.e. artificial intelligence, flying cars (yes we have those now), Microsoft getting sued for violating antitrust laws, that kind of thing. I only want to here news that have an effect on our future, in other words. People dying is not a good thing, but the world will go on. Like it or not, their lives probably won't make much of a difference, relatively speaking.

I also don't care about animals- especially cats and dogs. More specifically, I think they're ok, but not good enough that I would be willing to take care of. I wouldn't mind having a snake though, or something of that kind. they're low maintenance, and interesting. But it's not like I hate cats or dogs- I just don't particularly like them either.

I'm not sure whether God exists, so I won't side either way. But if he did exist, I'm willing to bet he created us for his entertainment. Heck, I were God, I would definitely create humans. I mean, think about it- is there anything in the universe that's ever near as interesting as human beings. Well, you might argue something like black holes, but that couldn't possibly be interesting as us because otherwise everyone would be in the astronomical research field. and to top it off, that way God can be entertained forever (after all, he's immortal). So in a way, without us, God would be in hell, suffering from boredom (until creates something else) but still, that means God needs us.

What I'm doing with my life:
Right now I'm working, and next month (hopefully) full-time @ HP Pavilion as a food prep. Most of my free time I spend writing in this blog- well, either that or watching anime. There are other things I'm doing, but for the most part that's about it.

I'm really good at:
see http://jbcandid.blogspot.com/2007/10/my-best-skill.html http://jbcandid.blogspot.com/2007/08/strengths-and-weaknesses.html

debate, computers, memorizing multimedia content (video/music/etc.) after only listening/watching it once, summarizing that content (probably due to memorizing it), research, linux, spelling. I also have a really good eye for detail, so I'm good at correcting, and improving upon (especially others'/my writing), and I guess I'm an expert at killing time- so if you're bored out of your wits I can guarantee finding a million things that will interest you. Unfortunately for me, that makes procrastination inevitable- speaking of which, I guess that also makes me good at procrastination.

What things people notice about me first:
I guess what they first notice would have to be physical (that's inevitable, let's face reality)- so I guess they first notice my hair (well honestly I don't know, maybe I'll ask...) well it might be my eyes...and if they have delayed awareness and I'm feeling particularly enthusiastic, I have a captivating smile, so I guess it could be that.

My Favs:

Anime:
In this order: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 1 and 2, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Lucky Star, Great Teacher Omnizuka, Chobits, Cardcaptor Sakura, Strawberry Panic, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ceres: Celestial Legend, Bleach, Fushigi Yuugi, Magic Knights Rayearth 1 and 2, Elfen Lied, Clannad, Orphen 1 and 2, Kanon, Aishiteruze Baby, Ouran High School Host Club, High School Girls, Marmalade Boy, Hellsing, Girl's Bravo, Ah My Goddess 1 and 2, Honey and Clover, Video Girl Ai, Love Hina.

The order is preliminary and thus subject to change- and of course depends entirely on what I'm in the mood for at a given time. I have made the decision to gradually cease watching anime and listening to music- with academic interests in mind- FYI.


Books: (By Author)
J.K. Rowling, J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Frank E. Peretti, John Grisham, Shakespeare, Edgar Allen Poe, Emily Dickinson, Nagaru Tanigawa, Gary Paulsen, Lois Lowry, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Stephen Crane, Ursula K. Le Guin. These are listed by level of active interest in the corresponding authors, and as such, I have likely only read one book of the last few. I might also be biased by the lack of books I've read recently overall.


Manga:
Video Girl Ai, Psychic Academy, Love Hina, Mahou Sensei Negima, Great Teacher Onizuka, Futari Ecchi.

Reference:
http://wikipedia.org, http://slashdot.org, http://nationmaster.com, http://wikihow.com.

Movies:
Action: Gladiator, The Chronicles Of Riddick, Kill Bill 1 and 2, Daredevil, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Underworld 1 and 2, Aeon Flux, The Matrix Trilogy, Hellsing, The Xmen Trilogy, The Terminator Trilogy, The Punisher, The Mission Impossible Trilogy, Zoro 1 and 2, The Borne Trilogy, The Harry Potter Series.

Drama: The Butterfly Effect 1 and 2, V for Vendetta, Hannah's War, Patch Adams, Premonition, Tuck Everlasting, Finding Neverland, Paycheck, The Sound Of Music.

Romance: A Walk To Remember, The Illusionist, The Notebook, 50 first dates, Fever Pitch, Ghost.

Horror: The Ring 1 and 2, The Grudge 1 and 2, House of a Thousand Corpses, Cry Wolf.

Music:

By Genre:
Anime, Trance, Jpop, Vocal, Classical, Pop, Rock, 70's.
By Artist:
Cascada, Celine Dion, Eminem, Play, Keith Green, Larry Norman.

My favorite genre overall is Anime- for those who aren't informed, a song classified under the genre "Anime" usually refers to the songs used in the opening and ending credits of animes.

My favorite song (and choreography sequence) is "Hare Hare Yukai" even though it is in another language (Japanese) I can sing it perfectly now without the words or music. I can even achieve this at 2x+ speed. The next step is to memorize the choreography.


Food: I'm not that picky, but if I had to choose, I like indian food, and, well...I guess the rest is dependent on quality. But in order for me to like it a lot, I think it has to be restaurant food, although the people who cooked for me before (myself included) may have just been bad at cooking, which impaired my judgment.

The six things I could never do without:
a computer, my opinions, the ability to speak, freedom of expression, the internet, and peace.

*subject to change- will update eventually*

I spend a lot of time thinking about:
most of the time I think about philosophy (the meaning of life, the state of reality, life and death, the purpose of existence.); psychology (motivations for criminal acts, the general reasoning behind the acts of everyone else, the ramifications of the differences in the perspectives thereof, the various products of the concept of relativity, and the countless way in which humans adapt to their environment on a regular basis, and both the negative and positive consequences resulting from these adaptations.), and the future (how I'm going to go about building a successful relationship/marriage, how I'm going to ensure a bright future for my kids (when I have them) In what manner am I going to go about in choosing a career that will influence the world, and to which extent will I prioritize influencing the world over my own well-being. Well actually this is just the tip of the iceberg, but I guess you got the point a long time ago.

On a typical Friday night I am:
note to self- might need update.

Occasionally I work Friday nights, and starting next month I'll probably work every Friday night. But as of now, Friday isn't all that special of a day for me.

Lately, I've been spending most of the time writing in my blog or watching anime, but if I'm not doing that I'm probably...

tweaking my computer, possibly breaking it and savoring the opportunity to fix it, and if not that, I'm probably doing something on the computer like reading manga (they're translated scans in jpg format) listening to my enormous collection of about 2,200 songs (and going), or on okcupid, some other site, or IM'ing someone.

The most private thing I'm willing to admit:
Everything! that's no joke, and if you actually have the time, patience, and attention span to look through my 43+ journal posts, you would know that it's 100% true.

You should message me if:

note to self- might need update

Well I probably want you to message me no matter who you, and random is a good thing, since it makes life interesting.

But if you want to have a relationship, and you are messaging me with that purpose, above all, you should be honest, trusting, and dedicated. Other than that...

you should also be of reasonable intelligence, flexible in conversation, and enjoy learning new things.

I tend to connect better with women a few years older than me, so I guess that would be a good thing (i.e. brownie points.)

you should probably not be a Christian (I like Christians, but it seems they don't particularly like me), preferably Agnostic/Atheist,

Race is not as much of a factor, but (don't take this wrong) I'm not sexually attracted to African-[insert-variation-here] at all. Other than that I'm open.

Bonus points if you are Japanese, brunette, petite, or unique.

Stats:
Ethnicity: White
Height: 5' 9" (1.75m).
Looking For: New friends, Long-term dating, Activity partners, Long-distance penpals
Smokes: No
Drinks: Not at all
Drugs: Never
Religion: Agnosticism and very serious about it
Sign: Taurus
but it doesn't matter
Education: Graduated from high school
Job: Aramark Food Prep (HP Pavilion)
Income: $0-$20,000
Kids: Likes children
Pets: N/A
Languages: English (Fluently), Japanese (Poorly)

No comments: