Thursday, October 11, 2007

my best skill

This is part of an email I wrote- I'm too lazy to edit it so (for now) it will stay in the original format

I have identified a skill that I could probably put to good use (most of my skills aren't all that valuable career-wise)

well, more accurately, I was able to organize several talents into a single word- and in doing so provided a clear pathway by which to apply the talents, many of which of which otherwise would effectively be wasted for the most part.

and that word is "skimming" (I have been trying to figure this one out for a while). Because I am good at skimming, I can perform most operating system functions in just a few seconds, I can find any topic, subject, and (sometimes) word in a book near-instantly, and I am able just as relatively quickly when browsing the web, because I am good at skimming I can determine whether or not I will like a song I have never heard near-instantly (if using a computer- to use the seek function) and (although I have never actually tried this, for fairly obvious reasons) probably the same applies to a movie. on that topic by means of skimming I can determine whether or not a video file is the one I wanted ( i.e. if I'm in the middle of a series, but don't know the episode- I can (within seconds) find which one out of the lot I left off from) the same applies to manga- I can (within seconds) find, out of the thousands of .jpg images- which one I left off from, even with only a rough idea of where. although this is possible with music, there wouldn't be a point, plus anyone could find where they left off in something as short as a song, so that example would be meaningless.

For the same reason, I am really good at figuring things out simply by exploring the options- I can usually solve such problems easy because I'm good at skimming.

such skills must have real-life applications, so I need to find which ones would suit me best. lol ego session done

No comments: