Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Autobiography

well obviously this is going to be constantly updated, because I, a mere human, am not capable of writing an entire book documenting my past in one sitting. But here it comes, the contents of my life, starting from the beginning.

Chapter 1- Early Memories

My earliest memory to date was when I was ~a few months old. I remember my mom carrying me into a day care center at church, and there I had my first experience with cardboard bricks. Other than recalling her picking me up later, that's it. Memories are a very sensitive thing, especially when we are young- well, at least for me. A lot of the reason for this, is that I'm not sure whether a lot of memories actually exist, or if I imagined them looking at pictures or hearing about them. One such memory is the one when I was 2 1/2 I remember literally standing on top of the Bible, just like the "B.I.B.L.E." song told me to- and accepted Christ that same day- or at least close to it. Well, I think I at least partially imagined it, but then again- when it comes to autobiographies, it doesn't matter too much as long as it actually happened.

I also have something of a memory being in the womb- but this is probably also imagined. As much as I pride myself on my memory- such a thing is too absurd. When I look in my photo album, I recognize most of the pictures- but it is not clear whether perhaps I only recognized them because I had looked at them before. There are a few early memories I am sure of- such as the first time I tried coffee at church when I was a toddler, and also tried soda for the first time. I don't remember the exact flavor, but I'm fairly sure it was one of the Hansen natural sodas. I had 2 or three sodas, and I believe that after the 1st soda, my chosen flavor had run out and I had to pick one I didn't want as much. There are other memories that I'm not sure if they were before grade school (if possible I want to preserve chronological structure), but our (my siblings and I) first babysitter was the Nickle family. I don't remember too much about them, although my older brother(s) found them to be oddballs, but incredibly intelligent. We spent a lot of time playing with the children in the family, although I don't remember much of that either. Although I heard that my brothers had pets before this, the first pets I remember were Angie and Allen. I considered Angie mine- he was orange with some white. well, considering the name, it might have been a "she", but I never thought of it as such. Allen was grayish-silver, and was my brother's. Later on the cats disappeared- I can't say for sure but I think they ran away. I remember us doing a lot of walking- to Lucky's grocery store, to the discovery museum- we all walked just about everywhere- an if not walking used the light rail or bus. Although we sometimes got cuts at other places, the hair salon I remember was called princess beauty, situated a block or 2 from the crossing of Willow St. and Lick Ave. My dad always worked late- and many times I would sit in the driveway hoping that I would be the first to greet him when he got home. Because he always worked late, most of the time I waited in vain though.

to be continued...

No comments: