Friday, November 30, 2007

Psychology

This has got to be the coldest winter I have experienced to date, and as I went for a midnight stroll (literally) I was burning all over from the cold air. Then I realized than if my theories were correct, I should be able to turn that pain into pleasure just by thinking about it. So I concentrated hard on the belief that my pain is actually pleasure, and it become so. No, this is not a joke, or a lie. I believe that if any person wills it strong enough, any person can take on any personality, and live their life any way. If anyone has had this knowledge during the course their life, then they have no excuse for what their life will become at the end. And apparently this knowledge has been distributed for thousands of years in the most popular book in human history, the Bible. James 4:17 NKJV "Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin"
When I first read this verse, I interpreted it as "refusing to do good is just as bad as doing evil", but I now realize this goes well beyond that. In its entirety, a more correct translation would be "He who has a good idea of what perfection is, but does not actively work toward it, is committing sin through his blatant omission of action." -well, something like that.

Criminals and those suffering from mental illnesses also have no excuse, because it is clear (at least to me) that with enough perseverance, anyone can change their lives to become "the perfect person". James seems to have known this truth. (to be continued)


No comments: