Sunday, November 4, 2007

Career Of Variety

I have always been a person of variety, when it comes to everything. As you may deduct, this also means that I get bored very easy. It is also for this reason that I talk so much, although that does not relate to the topic of this post. In a previous post- I made the decision to make physical science the area that I would look into for career-related education, but just today I have made even a bigger decision, and that is to have a career of variety. More specifically, I have strong gifts in areas that are relatively diverse, and since for that reason I cannot fit them into a single job, I will spend my life cycling between education and work to achieve them in separate jobs. I do not want to know that I have wasted any of my skills or strong personality traits, and because they are so diverse, I am determined to take this approach...- the following are my best strengths (generically speaking) note: although some of these are new, this can be considered a generic and updated version of the top half of this post http://jbcandid.blogspot.com/2007/08/strengths-and-weaknesses.html

1. Scanning: as mentioned in a previous post, I am excellent at scanning just about anything. In addition, I have found that I am especially fast when scanning my own material. *note scanning as in with my eyes, not a machine.

2. Computers: although I am not sure of the ratio of genetics vs. experience for this skill, By this point it must have become a strong personality trait, so I must recognize it as a future career.

3. Attention to detail: although this depends on the circumstances, I am generally very good when it comes to picking out the details of things, and usually have a good idea of what would make it better. This is especially true with words- so I am generally very skilled in correcting papers.

4. Breaking things down: (dissecting if you will) in real time (instantly). I make use of the psychological aspect of this skill on a daily basis, which helps balance my emotions and gives me a better awareness of others' actions.

5. Music: I don't know how much this has to do with my musical background, but I've always had a really good feel for the music- and feel a "natural" enthusiasm especially for songs I know. I've envisioned myself as a conductor for some time now, although I never thought about it seriously.

6. Writing: Well this one should be obvious (not to brag) but I want writing to be one of my careers- simply because I'm really good at it. Because of it's nature though (independent) , I can probably treat it as a hobby though.

7. Public Speaking: I'm skilled in public speaking partly because I have excellent communication skills, and other than that- I have a very captivating and memorable personality. I would prefer writing for the communication part though, simply because I can think things out, and give a much better reflection of my thoughts when writing.

No comments: