Thursday, September 27, 2007

my dream

For a while now I have been concerned that I do not have much of a dream. Now by "dream", I am referring to something big I want to accomplish; or in this context- a fulfilling career. In other words, I career that satisfies my skills, strengths, and (most importantly) interests. When children are young, they want to grow up to be the stereotypical firefighter, police, pilot, astronaut, etc. The dream I am referring to is like that, only as an adult I am more aware of the implications.

Yesterday I came up with a hypothesis: "potential lifespan can be determined by the ratio of complexity to size." Someone has probably already come up with it, but that thought is original in and of itself. In Jr. High, science was one of the few classes I always got A+'s in, so I must have been interested in it. Well, I'm probably jumping to conclusions, and driven by the need to fill the gap of not having a "dream", but nevertheless I believe that science can be my dream, and so I will live accordingly for the time being.

Now all I have left is to check the prerequisites for the fields I am interested in, and ensure they fall within my strengths.

No comments: