Thursday, August 23, 2007

a lot of thinking

just for the record that post about love below might well be way off. Not that it is.., but I was tired at the time, but had to get down whatever thoughts I had before I forgot. a while back I realized that a lot of my thoughts would go to waste if I didn't write them down, so I made it a habit too. good thing because for a long time now that's the only productive thing I've done.

actually, just recently I realized that to date I haven't actually planned much of anything in my life. In other words, as far as I know there in not one thing I have ever planned to date, period. lol I knew I was bad at planning, but to think it was this bad, and I didn't know it. well this explains a lot of things. (1) another reason I'm bad at projects. (2) my complete lack of everyday discipline. (3) why I'm bad at planning is probably not innate (like I thought it might be) but in fact because I never have. lol that makes sense!

but that aside, to the focus of this post:

for about 6 months or so, I've been having this feeling that I have no idea what it is. I know it's important, strong, and deep, but that's pretty it. Quite the mysterious feeling. furthermore, the amount of time I have this feeling is increasing steadily. I'm pretty sure the first time I had it was when I watched the "strawberry panic" anime. it was also a feeling that I had never felt before and didn't know what it was. at the time I thought it was due to the storyline, but now I think that's coincidence. although I can't be positive, I'm pretty sure it was the same feeling. the rate of increase since then seems consistent (as in it increases at the same rate, no exceptions).

I think that somehow, that it's very important that I solve this feeling, and that if I do "something will happen" although of course I don't know what. well, my intuition in most areas is horrible, so I'm probably way off (but I'm going to trust it anyway, since this time it sounds cool.)

but I suppose that I look forward to the day that it becomes possible to read brainwaves. Here are some prospects that this would open:

1. employment, guidance counselors, etc. would not be needed. people would receive the jobs, education, etc. that best suit their interests, skills, experience, and talent. We would end up living lives better than we could have normally, since the machines would know us better than we know ourselves, and would have proof that we are who we say we are, and we can't lie about it either.

2. (the obvious) I'd be able to find out what this feeling is, and unlock the meaning of my dreams, and various other subconscious mysterious. ok fine, everyone else will too!

3. we will be able to create ai that cannot be distinguished by humans.

4. because our true selfs are on record, it would unlock the possibility of an equal opportunity utopia. (i.e. rich people won't take priority over poor genius' just because they're rich.

5. there would be no more need for courthouses, we would know the truth immediately.

6. People could be matched with people that they are best suited for, removing the need for "courting", dating, etc.

7. no more need for tests, for the truth just use the machine.

criticisms:

to keep you from putting your foot in your mouth (aren't I nice?) I have prepared criticisms I already knew exist:

1. hackers. yes, obviously having our lives so closely linked to computers leaves us dangerously vulnerable to hackers, in legal matter, jobs, education, basically all addressed above and then some.

2. the inevitably would own the system, and use it to their advantage.

3. privacy would become a relic of the past.

4. if for a number of possible reasons the machine screws up, the person it screws up on is also screwed.

No comments: