Thursday, August 23, 2007

hypothetical questions

I was planning to think of 21 of these and then create "The 21 Hypothetical Questions" test (get it?) but since I wrote it a while and never finished (I got distracted again and again, and eventually forgot!) here's what got so far. I'll keep updating this post till I get to 21, and then I'll make it into the test.

1. which is more beautiful, a human falling in love or an AI (artificial intelligence, i.e. android)?

2. If you had a choice between infinite satisfaction and zero peace, or infinite peace and zero satisfaction, which would you choose?

3. Would you rather have a bad tempered God that you know everything about, or a nonchalant God that you know nothing about?

4. If a deity offered to let you reincarnate and live the life of your choice, but the price was to die at 40, would you do it?

5. Would you rather have a laptop that does everything instantly but crashes every 5 minutes, or a five year old laptop that lasts forever and never crashes once?

6. If your ideal mate said they would stay with you forever, but in exchange you must not have sex for the rest of your life, would you agree? (note this question may need tweaking to compensate for such variables as love.)

7. Assuming you are in your early teens, if a man offered to sign a legal contract to pay you $1,000,000 if you place yourself into a coma for 20 years, would you do it? (all medical bills are reimbursed as well)

8. If there was a way to have any wish of yours granted, but there was a 50% chance you would pay for it with your life, would you take the risk?

obviously that's only 1/3 of 21, but I've thought of some for a bit, so maybe I'll remember, or those thoughts will help me think of the rest of the questions.

No comments: