Saturday, August 4, 2007

The Importance of Fate

if the importance of relativity was the greatest lesson I've learned, the importance of fate would be the second greatest. The latest thing I've learned from it would be another step of maturity. why you ask? well, fate implies that everything is predetermined, and my idea of fate is that the future is the product of our genetics, how we are raised, and ultimately, how we raise each other. With over 6 billion other people on this earth, all of them affect everyone to a certain extent. so assuming that the amount of change one person can make is represented by the number "1", and if we we to round the people on this earth down to 6,000,000,000, the difference of potential change between one person and 6,000,000,000 people can be determined by squaring both numbers, since that would account for the amount of potential variances. since 1 squared =1, the difference in potential change between 1 person and 6,000,000,000 people is 1 to 36,000,000,000,000,000,000, or 36,000,000,000,000,000,000 times greater change than that one person could potential create by themselves.
Anyway, my point is that because of this, we would be nothing without each other- I could not become what I am today without the help of the 6,000,000,000 others, even though I've never met 99.9999 % of them. For anyone to call themselves an individualist is not only a liar, but insults everyone else in the world. Because we all affect each other, it is important to realize that because of this, we have a huge amount of obligation and responsibility to each other. Every action we take will echo infinitely into the future, and as time passes, the ramifications of our actions, conduct, and words will grow larger. We owe ourselves a great deal, since throughout history, as the population grows, the amount of potential change grows with it, and assuming the current laws of science hold, at an accelerating rate. Because of these things, utmost caution, unity, and responsibility, coupled with a stable, structured life cannot be stressed enough.
In summary, my aspirations to become influential and make remarkable contributions to this world are immature- now I realize that regardless of which path I take, my contributions to this world are and will not belong to me, but humanity as a whole, since I could not have accomplished any of it without the impartial influence of all 6,000,000,000 + people. My regards to humanity.

No comments: